Residence hall life can be an important part of the student's collegiate experience. Proximity to classes and activities, as well as the development of lifelong friendships, makes residence life appealing.
- All freshmen and sophomores must live in a residence hall and purchase a meal plan unless they live within a 60 mile radius of UC, and with a parent, legal guardian, or spouse, be age 21 years or older by the first day of classes, or have completed 61 or more credit hours by the first day of classes. Approval must be obtained from the Director of Residence Life to live off-campus by the first day of classes. If you will not be living on campus because you qualify for an exemption, you are required to submit this Housing Exemption Form.
- Roommate matches are made using responses to a student interest questionnaire within the housing application. Reciprocal roommate requests are honored when possible.
- In late June to mid August, all residential students receive a letter informing them of their room assignment, the name and address of their roommate, and move-in information for residence halls.
Review the housing contract.
- Applications for housing are available online and must be completed by the student. Apply for housing.
- All resident students must be accepted as full-time students by the University or receive written permission from the Director of Residence Life.
- All resident students must sign a residence hall contract, which is valid for the entire academic year.
- Must include:
- Proof of health insurance
- Choice of meal plan
Housing Cancellation or Withdrawal
- If a student is approved for housing but chooses not to live in the residence hall, the student must complete a housing cancellation form and submit it to the Director of Residence Life for approval.
- The residence hall contract designates conditions for refunds on the room rate and damage deposit.
Housing and Meal Plan Cancellation
Housing and Meal Plan Cancellation Form
- The residence halls are open throughout the entire academic year (including Thanksgiving and spring breaks), except for the winter break.
- Students must remove all belongings from rooms before summer break and officially check out and return hall keys to residence hall staff.
Meals for Residential Students
- All residents must purchase a University meal plan.
- The Dining Hall may be closed during Thanksgiving and spring breaks, so students should make alternate dining plans for those break periods.
Learn more about meal plans and fees.