Krista Dawn Capehart, PharmD, MSPharm, AE-C
Associate Professor and Pharmacist-in-Charge of the PharmUC Patient Care Clinic
- August 2008-May 2010 Master of Science in Pharmacy Focus on Pharmacy Regulation and Policy University of Florida College of Pharmacy Gainesville, FL
- August 1998-May 2002 Doctor of Pharmacy Graduated with Distinction University of Michigan College of Pharmacy Ann Arbor, MI
Research and Publications
Research interests include those related to patient care in the areas of improved clinical patient outcomes and inovative classroom techniques. Dr. Capehart also is interested in areas of health care law and pharmacy policy and regulation.
- Capehart KD, O’Neil M, Bottorff M. Collaborative Health Risk Assessment and Management Program between a university pharmacy clinic and city employees. American College of Clinical Pharmacists Annual Guide and Abstracts 2011. Poster presented at Annual Meeting October 17, 2011, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Capehart KD, Testman J, O’Neil M, Scott P, Che T, Marker B. Comparative Evaluation of Data Extraction by Student Pharmacists: Electronic Medical Record versus Traditional Paper Chart. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2011; 75(5) Article 105. Poster presented at AACP Annual Meeting San Antonio, TX July 2011.
- Capehart KD, Easton ME, Testman JA, Wellman A. Rising Tides Lift All Boats: A Grassroots Approach to Establishing Professionalism and Academic Integrity Standards. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2011; 75(5) Article 105. Poster presented at AACP Annual Meeting San Antonio, TX July 2011.
- Capehart KD. Spring is on the way! West Virginia Asthma Education and Prevention Quarterly Report; 2(3): April 2011.
- Reardon D, McCafferty R, Kaushal G, Capehart K, Euler M, Bowles S, Hodges D. Using a Server-Hosted Microsoft Access Database Instrument to Map Curricular Competencies. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2010; 74(5) Article 96. Poster presented at AACP Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA July 2010.
- Capehart KD, Euler ML. Business Model for Community Clinical Pharmacy Services: A Pharmacy and Graduate Business School Collaboration. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2010; 74(5) Article 96. Poster presented at AACP Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA July 2010.
- Capehart KD. Flu season is coming! The Asthma Quarterly Report; 1(5): Fall 2009.
- Capehart KD. A Laboratory Exercise in Capsule Making. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education; 72(5)Article 119:2008.
- Capehart KD. Development and Implementation of a Health Literacy Elective in a Pharmacy Curriculum. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2008; 72(3) Article 72. Poster presented at AACP Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL July 2008.
Interests and Hobbies
Dr. Capehart remains professionally active with membership in multiple professional organizations, including the American Pharmacist Association and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. She is also the UCSOP APhA-ASP faulty advisor. Dr. Capehart enjoys spending time with her twin girls, crafting, coaching midget league cheerleading, and directing her church choir.
Search for more faculty/staff