Overview of Program
The Psychology program at the University of Charleston helps students to:
- Understand the operation of behavior and mental processes of organisms
- Appreciate psychology as a discipline, science, and profession
- Acquire skills necessary for advanced study or work within the discipline
Our program successfully prepares students for further graduate studies in psychology, or other careers such as human resources, management, counseling, and research.
- Strong program emphasis on quantitative and qualitative research methods and experimental design
- Opportunities to present student research to state, regional, and national audiences
- Internships and service-learning experiences with non-profit, medical, and law enforcement agencies
- Program structure that encourage students who want a double major in History or Political Science
Students must gain general admission to the University of Charleston. A visit to campus to meet with Admissions personnel and program faculty is strongly encouraged.