Overview of Program
The Art program enriches aesthetic development by increasing sensitivity of perception, understanding, and knowledge of the visual arts while preparing students for a vocation or avocation in art.
Students develop creative ability by experimenting with art materials and techniques while studying the principles of aesthetics. The excitement of creating and exhibiting artistic works, interacting with the local arts community, traveling to view exhibits in other locations, and preparing for the possibility of graduate work combine to create a vibrant culture for learning.
- Small studio classes allow individualized instruction
- Study with prominent artists through the Community Artists Series
- Art, architecture and design trips to major galleries or architectural landmarks
- Unique opportunities for practical application through links with the Communications program
- Keyless security system for 24 hour access to studio classrooms
All students must gain general admission to the University of Charleston. A visit to campus to meet with Admissions personnel and Art Program faculty is strongly recommended.