Users are reminded to:
- Save your work on your personal network P Drive, cloud storage or USB drive.
- Always log out of their UCNET accounts when finished
- Ask for earphones for multimedia assignments so that sound will not distract those who may be studying.
- Leave the workstations as you would like to find them; do not leave trash, pencils, or personal items behind or unattended.
- Check for your USB drive.
As with any public-access terminal, users are asked not to:
- Download software programs (including chat)
- Change PC configurations
- Engage in recreational activities (games) due to equipment limitations and the research needs of all UC students
- Save any documents on the PC's desktop or hard drive (they will disappear)
The UC Libraries provides workstations equipped with the latest Microsoft Office applications. Specialized software such as SPSS is available: please see library staff for more information.
The Charleston campus library provides two, sheet fed, flat-bed scanner stations located in the learning commons on the 3rd floor of the Schoenbaum Library.
Wireless Accessibility (802.11 b/g)
Internet access is available with wireless connectivity throughout the UC Libraries. Students may use personal laptops (if equipped with a wireless network card) and wireless laptops will be available for loan to current UC students within the library for up to 2 hours. A valid UC photo I.D. is required to check out a laptop. No exceptions.
The University Computing Help Desk may be reached at 304.357.4874 or Help@ucwv.edu.