The mission of the Faculty Center is to support faculty in the design, delivery and assessment of learning opportunities that prepare each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living, and community involvement.
Outcomes of the Faculty Center
- Guide and support the work of the Liberal Learning Roundtables.
- Design and deliver faculty development opportunities to strengthen teaching, learning, assessment and technology on the UC campus.
- Assess student achievement of Liberal Learning Outcomes.
- Provide assistance to faculty designing or redesigning assignments, courses or programs.
- Identify and address academic technology needs.
The University of Charleston Faculty Center invests its resources in technology, assessment, retention, and faculty development. As part of these efforts, we are:
- Working to set a national standard for integrative learning
- Assessing student learning across multiple years
- Helping to improve retention
- Promoting faculty development opportunities
- Expanding understanding of UC's outcomes-based curriculum
- Supporting the work of the Liberal Learning Outcome Roundtables
- Identifying measures of merit for all academic programs at the institution