Posted: June 19, 2015
The University of Charleston seeks a locksmith
/ general maintenance technician to join the Facility Services Team, previous
commercial/industrial locksmith maintenance experience is required. Work shift
is Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE
Lock smith and General Maintenance Technician in the Facility Services Center
is responsible for working within many projects inside the University
Community. This position will receive
work orders and service requests through various modes including face-to-face,
voice, and electronic formats.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Must be able to read blue prints, lock
specification, and complete general repairs and lock smith functions.
- Experienced in general maintenance procedures
- Perform quality control testing &
trouble-shooting, and have working knowledge of building systems.
- Must be a team player and perform well under
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as necessary
- Willing to work nights/weekends/overtime as
- Ability to complete, monitor, and input
internet-based service tickets
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Must understand the importance of security
and confidentiality associated with a university campus.
Education and Experience
- Commercial/industrial locksmith maintenance
Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled. Mail resumes, references and
Attn: Cathleen Salmons
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304
can be found on the website or picked up on campus.
The University of Charleston
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.