Posted: June 19, 2015
Assistant to the Provost is responsible for all clerical work including the day
to day flow of work, appointments and communication that involves the Provost
Functions of the Position
The management of
the office includes the proper scheduling of the time, effective planning of
events and activities for which the Provost responsible, maintaining accurate
records of required or needed materials, and systematically tracking work and
assuring that projects are completed in a timely and high quality manner.
- Accept responsibility for all clerical work of the office.
- Prepare letters, statements, agendas, correspondence, and
- Coordinate appointments and schedule meetings.
- Maintain organized files and records.
- Keep the schedule and make travel arrangements.
- Receive, screen, and properly handle telephone calls.
- Schedule and coordinate appropriately with other UC sites.
- Keep calendar current.
- Schedule use of guest suites, meeting rooms, and event spaces.
- Keep contact information for constituents current and accurate.
- Maintain office budgets for Provost, generate
and execute requisitions/purchase orders/ reimbursements, recurring vouchers,
monthly expense reports, reconciliation of monthly budget with online business
office report. Prepare check requests, purchase orders and expense reports for
- Maintain personnel files on all direct reports.
- Collect all HR related forms for hiring and cessation of
employment for direct reports.
- Maintain updated student handbook in the Provost office.
- Prepare all contracts (full-time, part-time, renewals) and
appointment letters for faculty.
- Update Datatel with new hire information for faculty.
- Prepare and mail out Provost Certificates for Spring and Fall
- Assist in the coordination of office sponsored
events (applicant interviews, Honors convocations, Academic Showcase, Fall and
Spring Commencement, student orientations, etc.).
- Work with food services to arrange for catering
- Supervise work-study students and sign off on their timesheets.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook, Access, PowerPoint). Ability to
move from one task to another with ease. Handle responsibility in professional
and timely manner. Observe confidentiality at all times.
- College Degree- Bachelor preferred with three or
more years of office experience.
To apply for position, send cover letter, resume, salary
requirements and three work references to:
Kelly Allen, Executive Assistant
to the Provost
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV 25304
University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.