Posted: November 15, 2013
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Admissions, the Undergraduate Admissions Representative has responsibility for assisting with planning, developing, implementing and evaluating multi-channel marketing and recruitment strategies related to undergraduate enrollment.
The Undergraduate Admissions Representative/Counselor will be responsible for meeting territory and programmatic enrollment goals through the execution of these various approaches: travel to high school and college fairs, participation in open houses and regional receptions, communications with various constituents. Application management and decision making are an integral part of the position. Some nights and weekends are required.
• Be knowledgeable about the University of Charleston programs, features, facilities, scholarships and financial aid opportunities. Be able to articulate same in a professional, consistent manner;
• Work with supervisor to develop territorial and programmatic recruitment goals and develop multi-channel communication strategies to achieve these goals. Evaluate the effectiveness of various approaches utilized;
• Manage territorial travel and represent the University at high school visits, college nights, open houses, etc;
• Manage telecounseling with prospective students;
• Manage application review and associated decision making;
• Interface with University personnel, (ie: faculty, Deans, support staff, administrative staff) as required. Serve on University and Professional Committees as assigned;
• Demonstrate strong customer service orientation;
• Be proficient in the use of the University's Management Information System (Datatel) and Microsoft Office applications;
• Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.
A sales or marketing background is preferred. The selected candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer & organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically. Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques. The job will entail overnight travel during college fair months.
This is an entry-level position that requires a Bachelor's degree. Candidate must be a goal-oriented self starter who has the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment. Candidate must have a reliable car, a valid driver's license. Must be able to lift and carry marketing/promotional materials (up to 30 lbs).
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, references & salary requirements to:
University of Charleston
Admissions Office – Dawn McCoy
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.