Posted: August 22, 2014
Department of Pharmacy Practice, UC School of Pharmacy
The UC School of Pharmacy offers an integrated curriculum, and the Pharmacy Practice Department is responsible for more than half of the delivered curriculum. The Practice Department consists of a Chair, and between 14 – 18 full time faculty members. Practice faculty members are advanced degree pharmacists that are responsible for delivering the didactic and professional laboratory courses, along with maintaining an off campus patient practice. Practice faculty are generally at their practice site 40% of the work week. At their practice site, they are responsible not only for patient care, but also teaching fourth-year students on rotation with them. In order to support the Chair and Faculty responsibilities, the Practice Department Administrative Assistant is accountable for and supports the following three major areas for the School of Pharmacy: Budget reconciliation; participate in the faculty’s curricular tasks; and participate in the faculty’s practice site patient schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Pharmacy Practice Chair, this position provides general support for the Pharmacy Practice Department and has the following responsibilities:
- Recording meeting minutes and typing correspondences and develop spreadsheets to track office activities,
- Calendar maintenance, scheduling of meeting and corresponding responsibilities for the department faculty,
- Preparation of daily and periodic bulk mailings,
- Maintaining student and affiliated healthcare providers files/records and preparation of applicable reports,
- Manage office supplies, operate and maintain office equipment,
- Maintain office budgets, generate and execute requisitions/purchase orders, organize files,
- Prepare office related travel arrangements/accommodations,
- Enter pertinent data, keep appropriate records and supervise student support staff,
- Communicating and interacting effectively with visitors, students, patients, faculty and staff,
- Participate in the faculty’s curricular tasks (organization, document preparation, preparation of class delivery needs, select assessment participation),
- Candidate must have the ability to abide by confidentiality requirements and expectations,
- Assist in the arrangement and coordination of Department sponsored events (continuing education programs, professional programs, etc),
- Candidate must have the ability to work effectively in a busy environment and successfully execute multiple projects within a short period of time,
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned by the Department Chair.
Associates, Bachelor’s degree or some college experience is preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a high volume, busy work environment is highly desired. Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm, excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task is a must. Proficient with the use of MS office products (Word, Access, Excel) and the World Wide Web is required. Familiarity with Mac products and operating systems is considered a plus. Applicant must be dependable, demonstrate good work ethic, be able to excel in a high-volume environment, be able to adapt to a developing environment, have a customer, public-service orientation and willing to work cooperatively in a team environment. In addition the applicant must have the ability to set priorities, take initiative and work with minimal direction, and exhibit the ability to maintain high professional standards. The position requires large amount of data entry and access to sensitive and confidential student information. Applicant must be able to adhere to student confidentiality policies and procedures.
Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Additional information is available at www.pharmacy.ucwv.edu. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and the names of three professional references with contact information (including email address if available) to:
Mr. David Bowyer
Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice
University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
2300 MacCorkle Ave, SE
Charleston, West Virginia 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.