Posted: August 28, 2014
Office of the Dean, UC School of Pharmacy
Under the general direction of the Dean of the School of Pharmacy, the Administrative Assistant/Office & Budget Manager works in collaboration with all administrative personnel in the School of Pharmacy to reach organizational/institutional goals. Main duties include general clerical, receptionist, and project based work. The ability to work independently, project a positive and professional company image through in-person and telephone interactions is essential. The ideal candidate must be well organized, have the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment, maintain confidentiality, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and projects. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels), faculty, students, and the public in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, efficiently, with professionalism is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Work with a customer/public service orientation in a high-volume, busy environment, maintaining high professional standards;
- Ability to maintain confidence and effectively handle sensitive and confidential information;
- Communicate and interact effectively with visitors, faculty, students, staff, and product/vendor deliveries on a daily basis;
- Work in conjunction with the Assistant to the Dean/Communications Coordinator to maintain the Dean’s calendar for scheduling of meetings, appointments, events, travel, etc.; coordinate all parts required to execute the Dean’s travel schedule (ex. registration, hotel accommodations, airline reservations, ground transportation, etc.);
- Work with the Dean to maintain budgets for the Academic Support division, as well as, other divisions of the SOP. Reconcile budget items with Budget Summary Report. Print reports for the Dean, and determine financial trends. Generate and execute purchase order requests, requisitions, etc. and maintain detailed supporting files;
- Responsible for placing and following-up all work orders/requests associated with the School of Pharmacy building. Responsible for maintaining key assignments; building plans, room assignments, and supporting documentation/reporting for the SOP building upon approval by the Dean;
- Arrangement and coordination of the Dean’s and/or School’s sponsored events, luncheons, receptions, dinners, recognition activities, (ex. birthday celebrations) etc. in conjunction with the Assistant to the Dean/Communications Coordinator;
- Responsible for coordinating the ordering of office and lab equipment, furniture, capital expenditures, and office supplies for all divisions of the School of Pharmacy; manage office supplies for Academic Support; report operational issues to appropriate vendor(s); the procures the supplies and maintenance of copier machines in the pharmacy building and the issuance of copy codes for SOP members;
- Receive and place telephone calls to institutional clients and prospective students, as necessary;
- Generate official and alumni communications on behalf of the Office of the Dean to external constituents (ex. Licensure certification, enrollment verification, etc);
- When requested, assist the Assistant Dean for Professional and Student Affairs with data entry of sensitive and confidential student information during peak times such as admissions cycle, etc;
- Supervise work study students as needed;
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding School’s business and files; and
- Work independently on special projects as requested by the Dean.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, at least 3 years of administrative support experience, excellent organizational skills, an orientation to paying attention to detail, analyzing and problem solving ability, the ability to successfully create and/or modify processes, excellent communication skills, and a strong working ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with Mac products and operating systems is considered a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Mrs. Jan Kessler, Assistant to the Dean/Communications Coordinator
University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304
(304) 357-4868 fax
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.