Posted: December 13, 2013
Clerk is responsible for administering all transactions related to accounts payable and maintains accounting document files, including daily work and accounts payable. Assist other office staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Responsible for reviewing all invoices for proper authorization
- Maintain filing system of invoices with vouchers
- Complete credit applications
- Review listings of invoices to be paid on timely basis
- Keep records of and pay all contracts when due
- Processes requisitions, purchase orders and check requests
- Prints all checks and student refunds
- Maintains 1099 file
- Works with vendors and departments on questionable invoice payments and purchase orders
- Reviews all invoices for proper documentation and payment. Post vouchers to fixed assets, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to communicate with employees and external sources in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Results-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable in accounts payable procedures
- Accuracy is a must
- Thorough knowledge of telephone systems, copiers, fax machines, scanner and calculator.
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- High school graduate or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of related experience required.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Send applicant information to:
Terri Underhill, Controller
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.