The University of Charleston School of Business Transforms its exceptional students into dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial business leaders with community focus and global perspective.
By 2015, the School of Business has established itself as a progressive graduate business school that is recognized nationally by its students and the business community for problem-based learning (experiential) learning and leadership development for emerging and executive managers, as measured by alumni career success and employer demand for graduates.
- Innovation — We are advocates and instruments of positive change. Being innovative builds competitive advantage and creates new opportunities.
- Transformation — We will be a change agent for our student and in turn, for our community.
- Bridging practice and theory — Learning begins with our experience in business practices, and progresses by drawing on theory to understand experience and improve practice.
- Agility — We have a capacity for fast and flexible responses to the needs of our students and stakeholders.
- Ethics — We act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of our work.
- Mentoring — We establish developmental partnerships to foster the personal and professional growth of our students, and to create opportunities for collaboration, goal achievement, and problem solving.
We understand the critical value of our differences, and of our individual and collective strengths and skills.
We have a sense of responsibility and contribution to our community as well as the larger society in which we operate.