- 1,895 full-time students in Fall 2014
- Graduate programs in pharmacy, business, and physician assistant.
- 135 international students from 41 countries, and students from 41 states
- 30% of students who start at UC and stay through graduation get their degrees in less than four years, and an additional 10% proceed to graduate school before receiving an undergraduate degree
- 90% of graduates are employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation
- U.S. News Ranks University of Charleston Among Top Regional Colleges
- One of the Princeton Review's 2015 Best Colleges: Region by Region
- 19 Division II varsity athletic teams
- Nationally ranked Division II men’s soccer team and men's basketball
- One of 12 colleges nationally chosen as a model for the first-year experience
- 14:1 student to faculty ration
- Only accredited Interior Design program in West Virginia
- 300 employees; $35 million operating budget; estimated annual economic impact of $87 million
- 14,000 alumni of record; 6,000 in the Kanawha Valley
- Outstanding campus facilities: 7 of the 11 buildings on campus have been built since 1998, including four new residence halls and a fitness center.
- In 2013, UC opened three new locations: UC-Beckley, UC-Martinsburg and UC-Online.
- UC is nationally recognized for its outcomes-based Learning Your Way curriculum, which embeds Critical Thinking, Communication, Citizenship, Creativity, Ethical Practice and Inquiry in to courses in each major.
- Adult-oriented bachelor and master-level programs are available during the evenings, weekends or online.
- Earn credit for prior college, life experience and military experience.
- Average GPA: 3.42
- Average ACT score: 23
- Average SAT score: 963
- Essay/Interview: not required, but recommended for scholarship opportunities
- Application deadline: rolling
- Application fee: $25
Learning Your Way
At the University of Charleston, we focus on making learning mean something real, tangible and useful. We call it Learning Your Way, and you can read about it in the online journal.