- 1,391 full-time students in Fall 2012
- Graduate programs in pharmacy and business.
- New Physician Assistant program staring January 2013
- 109 international students from 34 countries, and students from 31 states
- 25% of students who start at UC and stay through graduation get their degrees in less than four years, and an additional 10% proceed to graduate school before receiving an undergraduate degree
- 94% of graduates are employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation
- U.S. News Ranks University of Charleston Among Top Regional Colleges
- One of the Princeton Review's 2013 Best Colleges: Region by Region
- 100% of 2011 Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- 15 Division II varsity athletic teams
- Nationally ranked Division II men’s soccer team
- Located in the capital of West Virginia
- One of 12 colleges nationally chosen as a model for the first-year experience
- 300 employees; $35 million operating budget; estimated annual economic impact of $87 million
- 14,000 alumni of record; 6,000 in the Kanawha Valley
- Outstanding campus facilities: 7 of the 11 buildings on campus have been built since 1998, including four new residence halls and a fitness center.
- Average GPA: 3.35
- Average ACT score: 23
- Essay/Interview: not required, but recommended for scholarship opportunities
- Application deadline: rolling
- Application fee: $25
Learning Your Way
At the University of Charleston, we focus on making learning mean something real, tangible and useful. We call it Learning Your Way, and you can read about it in the online journal.