Undergraduate Application Procedure
We are pleased that you have decided to apply for admission! The Office of Admissions is available to help you through every step of the application process and we encourage you to contact us should you need any help along the way. The University of Charleston reviews completed applications on a continuous or rolling basis and will make every effort to notify you of a decision in a timely manner. In order to complete your application for undergraduate admission, you will need to submit the following information:
- Application – The University of Charleston accepts either our own application, or the Universal Application (see below).
- Fee – All applications must include a $25, nonrefundable application fee. You may contact the Office of Admissions if you need financial assistance in paying the application fee.
- School Record – Students may apply any time after the completion of six semesters of high school/secondary school. Official transcripts should be sent directly from your school (high school, college, or university) or official GED results.
- Standardized Test Scores – In support of your application, students should submit official results of any standardized tests completed within the past five years. Additional testing may be required for some programs, most notably Health Science and Education, and for students who are residents of non-English speaking countries.
- Acceptance - Once the application and records are received, students meeting the standards will receive an acceptance letter.
- FAFSA - Students must the complete the FAFSA as our financial aid application at fafsa.edu.gov.
- Enrollment Form - Students must pay their enrollment deposit to reserve their spot.
- Housing Application - For students who want to secure their reservation in one of our residence halls, please complete this housing application.
- Registration - Students will be notified by their admission counselors and faculty advisors for the process and timing of course registration.
Additional information and admissions requirements for all types of entering students can be found under First-Time Students, Transfer Students, International Students, Special & Non-degree Students, and Re-Admission.
Other options to apply include:
Graduate Application Procedure
To apply to any of the graduate business programs, please visit the School of Business. For School of Pharmacy, please visit the School of Pharmacy.