- The Schoenbaum Library food and drink policy seeks to find a balance between the preservation of library materials and the comfort and convenience of library patrons.
- Food and beverages attract rodents and insects that damage library materials.
Drinks are permitted in the library only in covered, spill-proof containers such as screw top bottles, travel mugs, sipper cups, fast food cups with lids, and sports bottles.
Unacceptable and Acceptable Beverage Containers
Unacceptable containers include aluminum cans, paper or Styrofoam cups (including those with plastic lids), and any containers without lids.
Acceptable containers are covered and relatively spill-proof, such as travel mugs with lids and bottles with screw-on or popup tops.
- Food is not permitted in library public areas, study rooms, or stacks areas.
- If you do have an accidental spill, please tell library staff.
- The library reserves the right to suspend this policy for special library events.
- Patrons violating this policy will be asked to dispose of the food or drink or to leave the library.
- Unattended food or beverages will be discarded.
- This policy will be reviewed at the end of each semester to ensure that library collections and equipment are protected.
- A copy of this policy will be placed on the library website for reference.