Posted: June 16, 2014
The University of Charleston seeks a general maintenance technician to join the Facility Services Team, previous commercial/industrial maintenance experience is required. Work shift is Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The General Maintenance Technician in the Facility Services Center is responsible for working within many projects inside the University Community. This position will receive work orders and service requests through various modes including face-to-face, voice, and electronic formats.
A. Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Must be able to read blue prints, lock specification, and complete general repairs and lock smith functions.
- Experienced in general maintenance procedures
- Perform quality control testing & trouble-shooting, and have working knowledge of building systems.
- Must be a team player and perform well under deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as necessary
- Willing to work nights/weekends/overtime as projects require
- Ability to complete, monitor, and input internet-based service tickets
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Must understand the importance of security and confidentiality associated with a university campus.
B. Education and Experience
- commercial/industrial maintenance experience
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Mail resumes, references and applications to:
University of Charleston
Attn: Cathleen Salmons
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.