Posted: March 19, 2013
University of Charleston-Beckley
The National Culinary Institute at the University of Charleston-Beckley is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director to build on the past successes of the program and to lead the program to regional and national prominence in the future. The successful candidate must have a Master’s degree, a minimum level of Certified Executive Chef from the American Culinary Federation, and be a Certified Culinary Educator. Also required are 3 to 5 years of professional experience in a culinary environment and 3 to 5 years of teaching experience.
- 9 credit hours teaching load per semester
- Active participation and membership with the ACF
- Oversee all faculty (full-and part-time) and maintain and manage Culinary Arts facilities
- Oversee the advising of all students in the program
- Recruit and retain students
- Develop and maintain industry relationships to secure internship opportunities and future job placement for students
- Develop and maintain relationship with the community to develop and promote the Culinary Arts program
- Develop and maintain relationships with other culinary programs to create articulation agreements
- Oversee activities of Culinary students, including clubs, hot food team and outside scheduled functions.
- Actively participate in university marketing activities as they relate to the Culinary Arts Program
- Responsible for program review, assessment, and accreditation reports
- Responsible for advisory board meetings and record keeping including written agendas, minutes and meeting attendance
- Arrange for industry professionals and field trips to provide program enrichment
Certifications and licenses required
- Food Handler’s Card
- ServSafe Certification
- First Aid/CPR
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and a statement of teaching philosophy to:
University of Charleston
Kelly Allen, Executive Assistant to the Provost
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E. Charleston, WV 25304
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.