short banner


The U.S. visa is the stamp on a page of your passport, which permits students to enter the U.S.  The U.S. visa may expire while students are in the U.S.; students cannot and need not renew it while on Duration of Status (D/S) in the United States.  A new visa will be required if the original one expires and students travel outside and then reenter the U.S.  Students must present the I-20 from their school in order to obtain an F-1 visa.  A valid visa may not be necessary for reentry from Canada, Mexico, or adjacent islands other than Cuba, if they will be staying less than thirty days.

Contact Information

Elizabeth Slack
Director of International Programs
International & ESL Programs
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV  25304

Office Location & Hours