Physician Assistant Program Mission
The mission of the University of Charleston Physician Assistant Program is to prepare competent physician assistants who value and provide comprehensive, patient-centered, culturally sensitive primary care, and are committed to lifelong-learning, professional growth, community health, and caring for underserved populations.
Physician Assistant Program Vision
Our vision is to foster a culture of learning by employing innovative educational strategies and a team-based approach within a supportive environment and to provide an application-based curriculum centered on critical principles of health and disease.
Physician Assistant Program Goals
Our goals are to prepare physician assistants:
- Who practice primary care medicine
- Who are committed to the medically underserved
- Who actively participate as members of their community
- Who assume leadership roles within the profession
- Who support and sustain the University of Charleston Physician Assistant Program