How It Works
Welcome to Optimal 2.0, a career management platform brought to you by OptimalResume.com in partnership with the University of Charleston. Inside, you’ll find a variety of tools to help you CREATE, PRESENT, MANAGE and SHARE your professional credentials. You can use this website to:
- Create high-impact, interactive career materials based on your career goals
- Present your materials online — with our easy-to-use website builder — and in print, as you can download your materials in a number of formats
- Manage an unlimited number of career documents from one central location
- Share your credentials with your network on your own professional website and across social networking sites
If you have used the system before and already have an account, simply log in to begin, otherwise, hit Create New Account.
Check out our Resume Builder Video Tutorial to help get you up to speed in no time! For more tutorials Just click the OPTIMAL WEBINARS button below to see them all!
System of Integrated Guidance and Information
Access 24/7 from any PC on or off-campus
(New users should create an account.)
WHAT IS SIGI3?
A career planning software that takes the confusion out of career and educational planning.
SIGI3 – will help you:
- Clarify your work-related values.
- Research and decide on a major.
- Search and create a list of occupations based on:
- values, interests, personality, and work skills
- major field of study in college
- Determine education and training requirements for each occupation.
- Put your career plan into action.
- Eagle Link
University of Charleston's primary job-search connection, designed for students and alumni searching for jobs or internships. After your resume has been approved by the Center for Career Development, you can upload and use Eagle Link 24/7 to connect with employers interested in hiring you.
- Internships — CCD Internship Learning Contract
The CCD Learning Contract must be completed by students who wish to participate in an internship this year. If the form is not signed by the Director of the Center for Career Development, you will not receive academic credit for your internship. Please print off the above form, complete it, and bring it to third floor of Schoenbaum Library, Room 301.
- Internship Evaluation Rubric
In order to assess your internship performance, your supervisor should complete the Internship Evaluation Rubric during the last week of your internship. Your supervisor may mail the rubric or email a copy to the Director of the Center for Career Development.
Services Offered at the CCD
- Video-taped and co-evaluated mock interviews
- State-of-the-market employment information
- Career-related workshops & seminars
- Industry-specific career fairs and on-campus opportunities
- Internship & full-time opportunities
- Career assessment testing
- Career counseling
- Resume and cover letter assistance