General Transfer Admission Requirements
Applicants who have earned 12 or more college-level credits (generally, courses numbered 100 and above) at another institution, have a minimum 2.25 grade point average (on a 4.0 point scale) and are in good standing at the institution last attended must submit the following:
Applicants who have earned fewer than 12 college level credits must also submit the documentation required of general freshmen applicants.
- Applications for transfer admission will be reviewed anytime during the student’s college experience.
- Applicants who are accepted at the University of Charleston while attending another institution must submit a final official transcript to the Office of Admissions before enrollment.
- Transfer applicants who have been accepted for admission will have the opportunity to review the evaluation of their transcripts before an enrollment deposit is required.
- Only courses earned from a regionally accredited college or university will be considered for transfer.
- Only courses with earned grades of “C” or better will transfer unless a transfer agreement exists between the University of Charleston and another institution.
- No grades are recorded for courses accepted in transfer. A student’s grade point average at the University of Charleston will be based only upon credits earned at the University of Charleston.
International Transfer Students
Learn more about transferring as an international student.